Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Travel buddies

In just a few short days I'll be boarding a plane off to see an old friend and make a new one.

By friend, I mean England (old friend) and Italy (new friend).

Two years ago when I came home from a year spent living in the U.K., I told myself I'd return in 2009, but I wasn't sure how to make that happen. But as fate would have it, it's happened and the plane is booked and plans are made.

But then as the thoughts of England were twirling in my head, Italy whispered in my ear. It took no convincing to get my friend Clara to agree to holiday in the boot-shaped country.

So things came together better than I thought they would and I put it out of my mind so I wouldn't explode with excitement.

But then June came, then July and now it is only a few days away. I think about other things, but then it pops back into my head and I get as giddy as a school girl.

Yipeeee!!

I'm really going to make an effort to update my blog and post my pictures while traveling, but if not, I hope to have some great stories to share upon my return.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Jen May said...

yes, BLOG please! it will make me so happy :)

Unknown said...

If you blog, it will be like you're taking us with you as you travel. I for one would love to hear from you as you galavant around Europe... So, do try to keep in touch. Tally Ho & Andiamo!