Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Whooosh! There goes July!

I haven't written in ages, but honestly it hasn't felt like that because July has been a blur.

Never has such a period of time flown by so fast and filled with so many ups and downs, but thankfully, will be ending a heck of a lot better than it began!

July began in with my dad in the hospital. The events leading up to his quadruple bypass were a miracle in that they discovered he needed it before anything serious happened, i.e. heart attack or death. While it was emotional, exhausting and terrifying, I can joyously say it was a success and he's home, getting healthy.

I went from being off of work (while Dad was in the hospital) to being at work all the time. This is much of the reason that the month disappeared before I could grasp it. Thanks to a myriad of reasons, I ended up being the only one of several that do the same job at work. So that meant I was clocking in at 4:30 a.m. and clocking out at 6 p.m. Now I know what my editor does every day and am I so glad it was only a short period of time that had an end on the horizon. Also on the horizon is a fat paycheck with loads of over time pay that will arrive in just a few days!

I also helped a friend and co-worker pack-up for a move, got to spend the week with my sister and nieces and nephew, had dinner with my Bible study, and went to friend's going away party at a llama farm, where we stood in a pasture of llamas and I even petted one.

And now it's only a few days until what I've been looking forward to all July - the end! (Because I'm going to Europe, but I'm saving that for another blog.)

Good-bye July and hello August!

No comments: