Sunday, January 31, 2010

Expectations vs. Reality

I have a habit of being unrealistic. For those of you who know me, it's hard to believe, I know. Not sensible, head-out-of-the-clouds Megan, you might be thinking. But yes, let me tell you, it's true.

I have come to terms with, and enjoy, this fact about myself. However lately there have been a few instances of people telling me I have too high of expectations, need to get in touch with reality, and that what I'm expecting is unattainable.

They all have good points, but you know, I'm OK with spending some time in my land of make believe. I like imagining my life turning out like the end of a Drew Barrymore movie (unless it's Scream). So what if it doesn't?

Honestly, I know it probably won't. I'm not that crazy. And I'm OK with that. Really.

But until my life is over, I'm going to keep expecting and imagining the biggest and best is in store.

And in the meantime, until the Director of my life says, "Cut!" I can just rewatch the dailies of the amazing experiences I've had so far.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Great to have you back! Keep your head up. In the clouds. :)