Monday, February 1, 2010

"Write this down ... it's gonna be good"

I often wonder what makes a statement a quote. Does the person saying it know that the words coming out of their mouths will be copied down and repeated by others for generations?

Do they plan on saying it, practicing it over and over again until they line up the words just right?

Here are a few random quotes, some that make me laugh, some that make me think, and others that just need repeating:

"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself." -Lucille Ball

"I have a higher and grander standard of principle that George Washington. He could not lie; I can, but I won't." -Mark Twain

"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." - Jane Austen

"Wishing will never be a substitute for prayer." -Ed Cole

"Everyman's life is a fairy tale written by God's fingers." -Hans Christian Anderson

"Tell me I'm clever; tell me I'm kind; tell me I'm talented; tell me I'm cute; tell me I'm sensitive, graceful and wise; tell me I'm perfect -- But tell me the truth." -Shel Silverstein

1 comment:

Patricia said...

of all the things i lost...i miss my mind the most =)

i dunno who said it but it's funny!