Sunday, January 18, 2009

Resolutions 2009 update

In my last blog, I listed my New Year's resolutions. Here is an update to my progress:

1) In the last three weeks I have eaten meat twice. The first was one week in. I was a friend's place for dinner and had some pizza with chicken and bacon on it. D'oh! But it was very teeny tiny pieces of bacon, so it really can't count. Can it? I mean they were really small pieces. The other time I failed was today. I had chicken in my taco salad. But I believe I added a disclaimer for chicken, so technically, I've only messed up once. Other than that, I must say I'm impressed with my self-control and I really don't even miss it that much.

2) I have yet to go snowboarding, but I did go snowshoeing with a group of friends a couple weeks ago. I huffed and puffed my way over the hills and slid/fell down most of them. I thought I was going to die at least once. That was when I was sliding and couldn't stop myself and instead of helping me, my "friend" moved out of the way. He later told me I was a natural on snowshoes, to which I replied that I had a knack for waddling.

3) I have also grabbed rejection by the horns and looked it square in the face. Without going into great detail, it was pretty nervewracking, but felt great at the same time. Now, if I could only take this and apply it to all areas of my life, I very well may become unstoppable. Megan Haggerty, unstoppable reject.

4) I still live in Copperopolis. It has only been three weeks, I may be unstoppable, but I'm not a miracle worker.

3 comments:

Patricia said...

haha :) yey stepping out! :) awesome! im going to learn how to snowboard as well in the next 2 weeks!

Jen May said...

unstoppable reject. so good :)

christie said...

omg, i love this entry.

ps: snow-shoeing sounds scary. are those the ones that look like tennis rackets on your feet?