Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lucky Strike: Part Two

As I mentioned earlier this week I went bowling. I should not go bowling ever again.

Bowling has officially been added to the list of things I can't do. The good news is I almost doubled my score in the second game. The bad news is it went from 34 to 62.

There were six of us bowling. Three men and three women. We decided to go girls against boys. That was the first mistake. The second mistake is that for some reason the bumpers were up in the girls' lane, which was great... until Alisha asked that they take them off.

That was the end of things for me. I don't think I ever bowled so many gutter balls in my entire life. If I'm not hitting any pins, does that even count as bowling? I almost asked for my money back at the end.

I was so bad the lady in the lane next to mine, came over and started giving me tips. I accepted them graciously and they seemed to help for a moment. But only for a moment. I think she finally gave up on helping me when she said, "You know, the most important things is just to have fun."

And I did have fun. I probably would have had more fun if I bowled better.

Then there's karaoke. After bowling, I got up and sang "Fancy" by Reba McIntyre. Well, if you want to call it singing, I'm not sure the people in the audience would agree with me.

And then it hit me...

Maybe I should add singing to the list of things I can't do. Too bad I love it so much.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

if it makes you feel any better i think i "score" just as poorly...if you can call that scoring.