Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving list

Now that Thanksgiving weekend is coming to an end and I'm left with a full stomach and a stuffy nose, I'm also left with a full heart.

It's nice that we have a holiday here in the States where we get to acknowledge that we have something to be thankful for. I wonder how many people take the time to do that. Often times I'm guilty of thinking only of what I don't have, but when I think about it, there's an awful more lot that I have than things I don't.

That wonderful family and friends are on the top of that list goes without saying. Getting to play with my nieces and nephew was completely worth catching their colds. Staying out late with old friends was completely worth being exhausted the next day.

Having a job is nice, one that I like is even better. Living with my parents at my age isn't exactly ideal, but that fact that I get along with them so well makes it not so bad. Having a passport with stamps in it and pictures recording my travels is pretty nifty.

Knowing that my life hasn't turned out exactly as I planned makes me question myself sometimes, but at least I've enjoyed the ride.

I'm not writing this to brag about how perfect everything is for me, 'cause Lord knows it's not, but I think sometimes we need to verbalize what we have so that we don't forget it when times are tough.

So I hope you don't mind my little Thanksgiving list and I hope you have made one of your own.

I'd like to hear it sometime.

No comments: