Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Scaling back

I bought a scale tonight.

Realizing that in three short months I'm going to be on holiday and hopefully lying on a beach in Italy, I've decided I only want to bring about 75% of my current self with me.

That being the case, I've been waking up early enough to dance to my cardio cabaret DVD, led by two yoga-loving ladies who show me stretches that are perfect "moodras for my lower shakras." Whatever that means.

I'm trying to eat less too. Emphasis on the trying. Before each bite, I try to picture myself in a bathing suit, which is usually enough to scare me away from the fridge. Sometimes not.

But back to the scale. I had a scale, but with this new one, instead of rounding it will give me my weight to the tenth decimal. So any bit of progress will hopefully show up and keep me motivated.

As soon as I arrived home, I unwrapped it and tentatively stepped onto it.

And quickly stepped off.

I have a lot of work to do.

2 comments:

Jen May said...

love your photo! :)

olid said...

hey meg! i didn't know you are blogging again / still?!

great "photoshopping" with the scale, no professional could have done it better!

i wish you gould luck with your plans - although the more megan the better!!! ;-)

oli