Wednesday, April 1, 2009

There is an 'I' in Italy

It seems that the rain is gone and summer is nearly upon us.

With that comes the excitement of swimming, a suntan and flip flops. And the best part of all...

Vacation.

Thanks to Uncle Sam I have some money to invest in a nice, but modest, trip. At first I was debating between saving that money, but then the world called and invited me to visit again.

Visiting the U.K. again is definitely high on my list. But for some reason, I feel that somewhere a little more south is beckoning.

It all began with the book "Eat, Pray, Love." I checked out the audio book when I drove down to L.A. a few weeks ago. The author spent three months in Italy; eating the food, drinking the wine, meeting the people. Those are three things I like to do!

Italy called again last Saturday. "Under the Tuscan Sun" was on television and once more the idea of basking in the Italian sun stirred in me. Just a few hours later, I had Italian food for dinner, which sealed the deal.

I want to go to Italy. More than that, I think Italy wants me to go to Italy.

How can I refuse?

4 comments:

Patricia said...

lucky you.

Jen May said...

are you going?!

Meg said...

I'm working on it. :)

christie said...

ITALY! that's awesome megan. bello.